The good, the bad, and the ugly of this pregnant chick's journey...are you game to join the ride?
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Gurgle, gurgle...
...went my tummy all morning. The orange drink wasn't too bad initially...gulp 3 starts to become sweet overload...then gulp 5 gives you the sour face...and the final gulp sends your stomach into nausea mode. Thank goodness for the comfy recliners in the waiting room, I would have gone crazy hanging out for 2 hours otherwise. My right arm is a little blue right now since they had to use it all 3 times, apparently my left arm refuses to give blood at any cost. When someone shoves a needle in your arm and wiggles around for awhile trying to find a viable vein, it really isn't comfortable ;). Alas, this was a cake walk compared to what comes next, right?? Hehe...the best part was freaking people out as I walked out cotton balled on both arms, taking a seat, awaiting my return to "the back". All in all, it wasn't quite as horrific as people describe. Let's just hope my results are normal, I don't think I want to do this again! =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm sorry. I hated the glucose test too. I'm so glad it's over!
ReplyDeleteBTW, it was awesome seeing you the other day at Matt's work. I hope you're feeling good and your little soccer player is letting you sleep.