When I was a kid, I went to the dentist that I go to today. I don't remember much, but to this day they tell me stories of how I cried every time I visited the dentist. One of my greatest fears was that Cora would indeed be just like mommy and scream at the top of her lungs just at the sight of the doctor.
At my last 2 visits to the optometrist Cora has been uncontrollably upset anytime someone had to use a machine to run a test on my eyes or take a closer look. She is very protective =). If this is how she reacted when someone was examining me, what would she be like when she was the patient?
So, today was the day of Cora's very first dental check and I did everything I could to prepare a 19 month old. We packed her rolling backpack with all sorts of fun toys, we talked about going to the dentist and how he checks your teeth and she practiced his name all morning. "Doctor Wu, wooooooooooooooo, woooooooo".
This dental office is amazing. She couldn't take her eyes off the fish in the aquarium (which is only one of the many entertaining things in the lobby) and I had to drag her back to the exam room. The hygienists were so warm and everyone made Cora feel like a superstar =). She loves, loves, loves her new purple princess toothbrush they let her pick out and she even let the doctor count her teeth! While I was talking to the doctor after her exam, she played with the hygienist (and could care less where I was) near the wall of toys that patients get to choose upon leaving. I don't know about you, but I got to pick from a tiny treasure box... =)
I'm so glad we decided to bring her in here and I hope all of her visits to the dentist will be as positive as this one =D.
No comments:
Post a Comment